September 15, 2006

Amazing Thailand

One of the greatest things about living in a foreign country sometimes is that you see some of the most amazing things. Today, both Tawm and I were amazed by one man we saw. We were both so amazed that both of us said that we wished we had a camera so that we could share our amazement with you. It all happened when we went to a store to buy some rice and not just any bag of rice but a huge bag of rice, so big I can't carry it by myself. As I sat waiting in the truck in front of the store, I thought to myself, I wonder if they will need one or two men to carry the bag of rice. To my amazement, only one man was carrying the rice and he wasn't even struggling. He wasn't even using his hands. He had the huge bag of rice centered on top of his head as he walked. I couldn't believe it. Then even more amazing, he opened the door of our truck's topper, leaned forward and the bag of rice fell off his head into the back of our truck. He didn't even use his hands to unload (except to open the topper). I am still amazed by that amazing feat. As I write, the bag of rice is still in the back of our truck, waiting for someone to help me carry it cause I can't do it by myself. I thought of trying what he did, but tawm laughed. I guess I need to continue working out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we can't believe it has been more than three months since we saw you guys. I guess I could come help you unload the rice. The guy may have carried that rice without using his hande and he unloaded it with using his hands but I bet he didn't put it on his head without using his hands.

Jack Story is visting and Bobby is gone on another one of his trips. He may be getting married in 2007. Can you believe that?

Wish you guys GODs speed.

Jim & Linda