August 01, 2007

Is that English???

 It is always amusing traveling in foreign countries where English isn't the mother tongue of country's residents. However, English being the language of the world, many signs are often bilingual. It is amazing at how horrible some of the translations are, even signs from internations corporations. I often expect to see these bad signs in Thailand since English is just developing here, but I haven't seen it that much. However countries like Japan, Korea and Taiwan, countries known for their international business, are filled with them. While we were in Taiwan on our layover, I took some time to stroll around the airport when I saw this sign. It made me laugh and thought it might amuse you too.

Here's a closer look at what is says so you don't have to squint... Don't want to wreck your eyesight.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday Brent!!

Sounds like you and Tawm had a great relaxing time in Canada.



The signs never change!