February 13, 2008

Walentine Quiz

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day or as they call it here in Thailand: Walentine Day (because Thais can't make a "v" sound and always forget to add an "s" to words). Most Valentine posts express a person's loved one for another person but since my wife doesn't read my blog, I won't do that here as it would be a waste of time.
Instead of writing a love note, I thought I'd post a quiz. In Thailand they use the word heart to express many different kinds of feelings. So I figured I'd give you some Thai words, there literal translation and then you have to guess what you think these words actually mean. You can keep the answers to yourself or leave a comment with your guesses. (If you speak Thai, please don't spoil it for everyone and give the answers away).
The word heart in Thai is jai. Pronounced like "my" but just change the m to a j. Here's an example - Jai Dee - good heart - it is the Thai word for kind.

1. Jai Yen - cool heart
2. Jai Ron - hot heart
3. Jai Gwaang - wide heart
4. Jai Dum - black heart
5. Cow Jai - enter heart
6. Sia Jai - broken heart
7. Paw Jai - enough heart
8. Jai Kod - crooked heart
9. Bralaad Jai - odd/weird heart
10. Hi Gum Lung Jai - give energy to heart
11. Mun Jai - fixed/certain heart
12. Dok Jai - fallen heart

Have fun!!
I will post the answers in a couple days.

No comments: