March 14, 2009

Returning to an Old Role

Four or five years ago, Tawm and I led the worship when we first started Antioch Baptist Church. Tawm sang, I played guitar. But not long after, Tim, (now our church secretary) played. Tim is now expecting her first child and is struggling with some pretty bad morning sickness. As a result, I've had to play guitar for worship a couple times so far and will continue to play for the next little while.
The first time I played, I didn't know until the day before Sunday. Normally, this isn't a big deal but I hadn't played the guitar in a looooooonnnngg time and so by the end of worship, my fingers were killing me and my strumming finger was bleeding. [Just taking one for the team :)]
I enjoy helping with worship, but I like being in the audience better because when I'm playing, I have to think about what I'm playing that I can't sing in Thai and as a result, I don't feel like I really get an opportunity to worship God. It also makes for a long Sunday morning as I teach Sunday School, help with worship and then preach. But I'm glad that I can serve God in this way.
I'm excited that our church is going to have a couple kids younger than Owen in the near future, but am looking forward to when someone can take the role of guitar player away from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you are back on your blogpage. You guys make a nice couple.God bless as you keep serving him.