April 09, 2009

Reading Slump

Over the past few weeks, I have kind of been in a reading slump and as a result, I haven't done much reading. The books that I have been trying to read are a little on the heavy side, so I figured I take a break from trying to finish those books by reading a little more light reading. So I picked up a book on the life of David by Charles Swindoll and have already read more in one day than I did in the last week combined. The book has been refreshing to me. I thought I'd share a short quote from the book.

"A servant has one great goal, and that is to make the person he serves look better, to make that person even more successful. A servant does not want the person he serves to fail. A servant doesn't care who gets the glory, just so the job gets done."

Some good advice to all of us who serve Christ.

2 comments:

deb said...

Amen!

JWo said...

Sorry - I was logged in as my wife (although I'm sure she would agree with the quote as well). Amen!