August 11, 2009

Cell Phones and Church


One thing that bothers me a lot is when a cell phone goes off in the middle of church services, Sunday school or TMBI classes. Even more annoying is when people start to talk on their phone in the middle of services. It started to become a regular occurance and so we had to put a slide at the beginning of worship services asking people to shut off their phones. It helped somewhat, now people just put their phones on silent mode and when it rings, they walk out the door. Sometimes I think to myself, our church is full of very important people because they can't even turn their phones off for an hour or two.

Thankfully, things like twitter haven't hit mainstream here in Thailand yet and so we don't have to deal with it. I never even thought about it being a problem but I have seen a couple other bloggers in the States (John Piper, Josh Harris) have already been dealing with this issue.

I hope that twitter doesn't become a hit here too soon!

No comments: