August 04, 2009

Shoe Letdown


At the beginning of the new year, a new family started attending our church. They have a couple teenage boys who like to play basketball and so I started playing basketball again, even though it had been a few years since I played. Because I hadn't played in a few years, I didn't really have any basketball shoes to use and so one of my goals when I went back to North America was to find a cool pair of shoes to play basketball, a pair that no one else in Thailand had.

When we were in Indiana, Nike just released a new pair of Lebron's and so I purchased them. Last night I played basketball for the first time and was excited to show off my new shoes. The guys from the church thought that they were pretty cool. When I made it to the gym, the first Thai person I met had the exact same shoes as me, just in a different color. So much for my flashy shoes. I guess I have to rely on my skills to set me apart, not just my shoes! ;)

No comments: