October 11, 2006

Mae Hoy Experiences

I have returned from the hill tribe village and I had a great time. I am continuing to teach the students about salvation, making sure that they have the proper understanding of what salvation is before we move any further. We also plan to travel to some other hill tribe villages to do evangelism and these students must know what salvation is before they can do evangelism. The weather was rainy and hot, rainy and hot. The students are very eager to learn. When we went to the school, I brought all the sermons I had preached over the past couple of months. The students were so eager to read them and learn more about their faith too. Rusty brought some Christian t-shirts that people from America had given and they really liked those. If you have any Christian t-shirts that you would like to give away, please contact me and I will let you know how to go about doing that. The students are now on semester break for the next 2 weeks and as a result they didn't have much food left to eat while we were in the village. Therefore we got to eat some very interesting food. If you don't want to know what we ate, then I suggest you stop reading, for those who are interested, someone in the village killed a dog and we ate dog and they also prepared a pig's head for us. The dog was really chewy and so was the pig head. All I can say is that I am glad to be back in the city to eat 'normal' food!!

No comments: