November 07, 2006

Ministry Battle Wounds

   Last week, after living with pain for awhile, Tawm went to the doctor to get her thumb checked. As it turns out, her thumb has a hairline crack and as a result, Tawm has to wear a cast until Wednesday this week, that's if her thumb heals properly. How did this happen? I am sad to say, it happened all because of me and my competitive nature. Near the end of VBS we played a game of chair ball. A game similar to basketball, but instead of a stationary hoop, you have a team member standing on a chair with a basket, and that person moves the basket around so that people can get the ball in the basket. It helps inaccurate shooters a lot. I haven't played basketball in a long while, and living in Thailand, I am kind of like Yao Ming (a really tall guy from a foreign country). I was soaking in the glory of swatting everyone's shots away when Tawm came up to shoot. The thought "not in my house" came to mind as a jumped to swat away her shot. I was successful, except my follow through was a little too strong, and the ball along with my hand bent Tawm's thumb back and as a result broke her thumb. Tawm tried to endure the pain thinking nothing was wrong, but after a number of days she finally decided to get it checked. It is her right hand and as a result, she can't drive a car or a motorbike, can't really write and has trouble doing a lot of other things too. It has helped her realize how blessed she is to have 2 working hands and she can't wait to get her hand out of the cast. As the story spreads around friends and family here in Thailand, it will probably be something I will never live down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent once a baller always a baller. Next time, try to take it easy on your wife

Bro. Matt said...

Wow. I can't wait to tell everybody here at TBI! They're gonna love this one.

Anonymous said...

Did you think you were playing with Levi? haha