September 26, 2007

Thank God for มะเขือ

For those of you that can't read Thai มะเขือ means eggplant. I can honestly say that before I came to Thailand, I cannot ever remember eating eggplant (mom you can correct me if I'm wrong) and I can say with even more honesty, I never knew what I was missing. I just can't get enough of eggplant (not the purple kind that is in Canada and the US but the green kind pictured here). I can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner or all three if I can. You can eat it fried, stir fried, boiled, in curry or my personal favorite - ground into a paste that you eat with sticky rice. Everyone in Thailand laughs at me because I love this stuff so much but who needs chocolate when you got eggplant!!

Thank God for good food. I am so thankful that God called me to Thailand, a country that has amazingly good food. It is impossible to get sick of Thai food because there is so much variety.

If you come to Thailand, I recommend trying the eggplant, you probably won't regret it.

1 comment:

JWo said...

Deb and I LOVE eggplant. We just had it the other night at a Chinese restaurant. We also recently had Thai food and we are enjoying it a lot! You are blessed to be eating good food (Thai)!