November 28, 2007

Watch Out! Cute but dangerous

Yesterday was an adventure to say the least. We are so thankful that Owen is already eating on a pretty regular schedule. It is almost like clock-work, every 3 hours, Owen wants food. Tawm takes care of that job, my job is a little dirtier, I get to change diapers. Usually its not a problem but yesterday afternoon, I jumped the gun a little and began changin Owen's diaper before he was done his business. As I was removing the diaper, Owen gave a good push and like a medicine coming out of a syringe, his business came squirting out all over my hand and the table where I was changing him. Having a boy, I have been preparing myself to get pee in the face however I didn't expect to give handful of poop.
Since Thailand is pretty hot, the doctors and nurses at the hospital recommended that we use cloth diapers in the afternoon because they breathe better. Later on in the same afternoon, I was holding Owen and all of us sudden I found a warming sensation going up my leg. When I lifted Owen, I saw that the cloth diaper did a great job of funneling Owen's pee right onto my leg. As a result of that incident, I made a veto decision, no more cloth diapers. One they don't hold anything and two, I have to clean them. Thank God for diaper diapers and that they have them here in Thailand too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great slide show. Keep them coming. This is the closest we can get; since we can hold or squeeze this cutie.

Beth said...

cute pictures and video Brent and Tawm! Congratulations on your little one - Owen sure is precious!