May 25, 2007

TBI starts classes

This past Tuesday we began Bible School classes here in the city of Chiang Mai. We are excited to have 3 full time students. Right now I am the only teacher. I have the privilege of teaching them, Tuesday to Friday, 2 hours each day. The students are able to study for free, but they have to find work in order to support themselves as they study. Most Bible schools here in Thailand provide everything for free which attracts more students however the students are then dependant on foreign money after these finish school as well. We are trying to take small steps to make this trend. At this time, I haven't come up with a name for the school yet. Right now we are playing with the idea of Thailand Baptist Institute, but that seems very broad. If you have any suggestions, feel free to suggest. When we decide on a name, I will let you all know.
I ask that you pray for me as this adds another element to an already busy schedule.

No comments: