March 15, 2007

New Village and New Experiences

Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, I had an opportunity to go to the village again. I was there for the students graduation. Two students finished a 4 year Bible course and another 2 students have finished a 2 year Bible course. We had a great time of prayer, worship and discussion about the school as well.

On Wednesday I had the opportunity to travel to another village called Mae Khii Mook. This village only has a Catholic church. Samson (in the orange coat) and Johnson (a second year student) have been travelling to this village every Sunday for the past couple months to teach. He has a group of about 10 people gathering every Sunday. The older couple pictured is the first Christian couple in the village. They have really enjoyed Samson's teaching and hungering for more. We are excited about he work Samson is doing there.

After we went to the village, I brought some students back to their village. It was the worst road (if you want to call it that) that I have been on. It had huge rocks, huge pot holes and anything else you can think of on the road. I am so thankful for a four wheel drive truck because we wouldn't have made it if it weren't for 4L. I would have stopped to take a picture of the road and the view because the view was awesome and the road awesome in another way, but I was to scared to stop the truck and not be able to get going again. Roads to the mountain top villages are not always very good. This road however was horrible. After getting to the village, the students told me that this was the back way into the village. It was a shortcut that motorbikes usually use. After we got to the village the road we went back on was paved for most of the way which made me very thankful.

No comments: