January 02, 2008

Hello New Year!!

Instead of saying Happy New Year, Thai people say Hello New Year. As I reflect on the year the was, have been really seen God working in our lives and in the lives of those we minister to here in Thailand. We rejoice over those who were saved and those who were baptized over the past year but like I told our church last Sunday, I believe that God wants to do even greater things in us and through us in the year to come.

With the start of the New Year, I have decided to make some New Year's resolutions, something I have never really done before. I am also planning on making a change to the way I've been preaching. Over the past year, I have been preaching through the book of Matthew and doing a couple of short series here and there. This year I am going to try to do more topical series. I haven't really preached this way before so it is going to be a challenge. We are starting the year off with a series of sermons called "Doing it for Each Other". Last week we talked about loving one another, this week we will be talking about encouraging one another. Other topics in the series are serving one another and praying for one another. Although I don't have a computer person to make some cool logos like some of my friends in the states, I pray that this new series will make our church stronger.

1 comment:

andy said...

"Although I don't have a computer person to make some cool logos like some of my friends in the states..."

What do you need? Send me some info on the type of graphic you need and when you need it by!

andy@andyjustison.com