January 03, 2008

Quotes and Stories

Over the past few months, I've been reading some books about preaching and they recommend recording or inventorying all the good quotes and illustrations you get from different sources. However they don't really tell a person how to go about doing that.
In one of John Maxwell's books, it seems to me that when he is finished with a book, he gives it to his secretary and she goes through the book and copies everything he has highlighted or noted into some kind of system. Unfortunately, I don't have a secretary that can do that and I am pretty sure others of us don't have that luxury either, so I was wondering if anybody has a system that works well for them. How do you go about recording good quotes and stories? If you have any advice, let me know.

No comments: