January 22, 2008

WOW! I can't believe it.

I had a funny thing happen in one of my English classes today (at least I thought so). This class just started last week and they are pretty basic. They are 4th year marketing students at a local university and will be graduating soon. They want to study basic conversational English and help them with interviews (many companies interview in English although you don't really need it for the job).

Over the past 3 classes we have been studying Present Simple Tense. An example of a Present Simple Sentence is - I work - in case you didn't know. Today,I figured I'd ask some questions that one might expect in an interview. So I asked the first student a Present Simple Question: What skills do you have? She was taken by surprise by the question, thought for a moment and came up with this brilliant answer: I speak Thai. I couldn't believe that a Thai person knew how to speak Thai. The whole class thought it was pretty funny and didn't stop harassing her for the rest of class.

1 comment:

Bro. Matt said...

Okay...now that's funny!