January 06, 2008

Standing Room Only

Today, one of my dreams and I think the dream of every missionary or pastor happened at church today. When all the kids came down for morning worship (the kids have Sunday school during adult Sunday school and during the preaching part of our services), we didn't have enough seats for everyone to sit down on. As a result, some of our young adults had to stand in the back. Counting everyone, we had 46 people in attendance which is a new record (outside our special Christmas outreach) during the song service, we had 46 people present. I thank God for that and for answered prayer. One of my New Year's resolutions was to make a more concerted effort to pray for the growth of our church. We had 13 first-time visitors today. One of the weaknesses of our church is that people don't really invite their friends. Today we had 5 of our regular attenders bring a friend, more than any other Sunday that I can remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! I am rejoicing with you!