January 19, 2007

Bathroom Adventures, the continuing saga

The last time Rusty and I went out to Mae Hoy to teach at the Bible School in the village, I was faced with another bathroom episode. I don't remember when exactly it happened, but sometime during the day I had to use the "facilities" (I use the term loosely as it more like a hut than a facility). I decided rather than walking 30 seconds to the "nicer" bathroom [this bathroom has a squatty potty (those who have been overseas know what I am talking about) but it is enclosed nicely so the whole world cannot see what is going on], I would go to the closer bathroom only a hop, skip and a jump or two from the classroom. This bathroom has a western toilet but if you are taller that about 4 feet, you have a nice view of the world around and vice versa too. I sat down on the toilet and learned a new lesson, check out the facilities before committing yourself to use!! As I sat down, the toilet sunk further into the ground at the same rate my weight was coming down onto the toilet, making this western turn into a squatty potty similar to the other in the other bathroom. Although I didn't check the toilet before sitting, I am positive that it was broken before I sat down! As you can see in this picture, the toilet has tilted so far over, that it is now leaning against the wall and the lid has busted off. I know as a matter of fact, that I wasn't the one that did that, someone else also had a bathroom adventure but no one has come forward admitting that it was them. Well, next time we go to the village, we will see what new bathroom adventure unfolds, that is, if they even have a bathroom to use!

2 comments:

Aaron Johnson said...

Oh the adventures you are experiencing in Thailand. Cracking me up bro

Bro. Matt said...

Okay, why is it everytime I check your blog, you have a "bathroom episode"? Hahahaha...knowing you, I'm sure it's hilarious! Well, just wanted to let you know that I was able to go to Canada and stay at Niagara Falls for a few days. Canada is nice and cold right now. I even bought two Canada shirts! Eh?!?